Must-See Places In Kangra, Himachal Pradesh In Your Itinerary List
Known as ‘Devbhumi’ or Land of Gods, Kangra is the epitome of unparalleled scenic beauty. This lush green town in Himachal Pradesh stands at the foothills of mesmerizing Dhauladhar Range with the mighty Beas River flowing by. Tourist attractions in Kangra range from magnificent natural spots to eye-catching man-made attractions. To ensure your journey is smooth-sailing, Him Cab India, the best Car Rental in Kangra, provides Local Taxi online booking at reasonable and cheapest rates.
HIM Cab India has travel booking engines, white label solutions, internet styles & development, travel mobile apps, digital promoting solutions, and XML/GDS Integrations. HIM cab app could be an international Travel Technological Company offering pick-up and drop facilities, setting booking choices, managing reservations, accepts online payments from PayPal and Stripe. We provide solutions for OTA, travel companies, and travel agents on one table with ‘Travel Technology Experts’ dishing out comprehensive expertise.
Get set for the journey to Kangra’s exotic locales!
Best places to visit in Kangra:
1. Kangra Fort-Kangra Fort symbolizes grandeur, wealth, war, and invasion, and is considered the largest fort in the Himalayan region. It traces its origin to the ancient Trigarta Kingdom mentioned in Mahabharata. Get Local taxi online booking and enjoy panoramic views surrounding the fort.
Timings: 9 am to 5 pm
Entry Fee: Rs.150 (Indians), Rs.300 (Foreigners)
2. Brajeshwari Temple-Dedicated to Goddess Brajeshwari, an incarnation of Goddess Durga, the temple built by Mahabharata’s Pandavas is also known as Kangra Devi Mandir, one of 51 ‘Shakti Peeths’ in India.
Timings: Open all day except from 1-3 pm
3. Indrahar Pass-Indrahar Pass in Dhauladhar Range, located at an altitude of over 4300 meters, forms a border between Kangra and Chamba districts, having trekking trails, deep gorges, glistening streams, serene lakes, verdant deodar forests. It offers a majestic view of Kangra Valley and Dharamshala town. Book Car Rental in Kangra and behold the sight!
Best time for trekking: May-mid October
4. Chamunda Devi Temple-Chamunda Devi Temple, the abode of the Goddess in the raging avatar, is flanked by Hanuman and Bhairava. One can view the majestic Dhauladhar Range from this shrine.
Timings: 6-8 pm
5. Kareri Lake-Located in midst of Dhauladhar Range is breathtaking Kareri Lake symbolizes peace and serenity. This freshwater lake, heaven for trekkers and nature lovers, is also called Kumarwah Lake. Make sure to visit Shiva and Shakti temples nearby.
6. Masrur-Masrur is famous for ancient rock-cut temples, carved out of monolithic rock and adorned with shikaras, exhibiting a version of Nagara architectural style, bearing resemblance to Angkor Wat, Cambodia, Elephanta Caves, Mumbai, and rock-cut temples of Mahabalipuram, Tamil Nadu.
Location: Nagrota-Surian Link Road
Timings: 6 am to 6 pm
7. Tashi Jong Monastery-Beautiful Tashi Jong Monastery, established by 8th Khamtrul Rinpoche, Dongyu Nyima is the serene abode of Tibetan refugees, adhering to Drugpa Kagyu Buddhism tradition, main temple housing stupa of Khamtrul Rinpoche.
Distance: 50 km
Timings: 6 am to 7 pm
8. Mcleodganj-Mcleodganj is famous for Tibetan Spiritual Leader Dalai Lama’s abode, with several eye-catching monasteries like Namgyal Monastery and Tsuglagkhang Complex. Dal Lake is a major draw. Go for a Car Rental in Kangra and seek Beauty!
Distance: 24 km
9. Bhagsu Waterfall-With its sparkling waters and rocky background, Bhagsu Waterfall is a spellbinding destination in Kangra. Bhagsu Nag Temple of Lord Shiva, located near a waterfall, is a prime tourist attraction.
Distance: 25 km
Timings: 8 am to 7 pm
10. Triund-Trekker’s delight, Triund is a scenic hill station located at a height of 2,828 meters above sea level, with picturesque views of Kangra Valley and Dhauladhar Range serving as backdrops. Lovely forests of rhododendron, oak, and deodar are a sight to behold! Arrange Car Rental in Kangra and enjoy panoramic views.
Distance: 25 km
Kangra boasts other tourist attractions like Bajinath Temple, Jwala Devi Temple, Pragpur Village, Kangra Art Museum, Palampur, Kaleshwar Mahadev Temple, Haripur, Taragarh Palace, Andretta, Gyuto Monastery.
Explore Kangra in its alluring avatar by hiring Car Rental in Kangra or go for Local taxi online booking!